other UniFi devices using a graphical user interface. You can download the controller from www.ubnt.com at no additional charge – there is no separate software, licensing, or support fee.
A single instance of the UniFi Controller running in the cloud can manage multiple UniFi sites within a centralized interface. Each site
is logically separated and has its own unique network monitoring, configuration, maps, statistics, and admin accounts.
You can access any managed UniFi Switch through the UniFi Controller to configure a variety of features:
• PoE setting per port
• Operation mode (switching, mirroring, or aggregate) per port
• Network/VLAN configuration
• Jumbo frame and flow control configuration
• Network settings
• Storm control setting per port
• Spanning tree configuration
Switch Port Status
You can also view status information for each port:
• Connection speed and duplex mode
• TX/RX data rates
• PoE status
• Network/VLAN setting
The Switch Statistics screen displays a graphical overview of all LAN throughput for each port on the selected switch. Under the same pane of glass, it also shows LAN, WLAN, and Internet traffic, including the breakdown of protocols being used (requires a UniFi Security Gateway).
The Topology screen displays a topology diagram of your UniFi system. You can filter the type of information displayed, such as client devices, labels, and link settings.
The UnIFi Controller software offers the following features:
• Auto-generated topology view
• Centralized statistics in controller
• RSTP and Spanning Tree Protocol
• Storm control (independent broadcast, multicast, and unknown destination unicast limits per port)
• 802.3x flow control
• 9216-byte jumbo frame support
• VLAN support
• Port mirroring
• Port aggregation (LACP)
• Port isolation (protected port) for port-level isolation
• Centralized configuration management (including configuration cloning)
• Auto-MDIX automatically adjusts as needed for straight through or crossover cable
• 802.1X (RADIUS) authentication